The Complaint Coordinating Unit (CCU)was established in the Head Office of CEA for coordination and effective management of complaints related to CEA received by general public and Hotline – 1981.
Attending Public Complaints.
• All the public complaints received by CEA through various paths as specified above are forwarded to the CCU.
• CCUtakes initial action to categorize complaints according to the relevancy to the CEA.
• Complaints which are fallen under the mandate of CEA or cause to environmental pollution are uploaded to the complaint software system.
• Provincial / District offices and relevant Units of CEA take action to investigate complaints and solve the complaint/ control environmental issues.
• Complaints which are not directly related to the mandate or subject area of CEA are forwarded to relevant agencies to take action under their purview.
How do you lodge a complaint on environmental issue?
- Make sure the environmental issue affected by you is relevant to the CEA mandate or any other institute / agency.
- You will be acknowledged the receipt of complaint by CEA.
- Your complaint will be investigated by the relevant Provincial/ District office of CEA and you will be informed the action taken.
- Forwarding your complaint to the agency/ institute directly related to the complaint will minimize the delays for action.