Presidential Environment Awards - 2018
Central Environmental Authority
Ministry of Mahaweli Development and Environment.
Manifesto of His Excellency the President Maithripala Sirisena is, for building up the Sri Lankan economy in Blue Green Era towards clean and green environment with the participation of institutions, organizations and the general public in large by streamlining the communication network and empowering them on the importance of conserving and protecting environment.
In order to facilitate this momentum, Central Environmental Authority has organized the Presidential Environment Awards Programme to reward the individuals, institutions, Organizations, Environmental Journalists and Industrial activities which have made unique contribution to the field of environmental conservation and protection.
Main objective of this awarding programme is to appreciate the enthusiasm of the general public towards environmental conservation and protection while sustaining their active involvement in long run for the clean and green production & services.
Eligible Sri Lankan citizens, institutions, Organizations, media personnel or Industries/Activities can forward their applications to consider them in this Presidential Environment Awards Programme according to the appropriate sector and field mentioned below.
4. Individuals who are committed to Environmental conservation (Candidates should send applications prepared by themselves. Candidates are able to apply on behalf of qualified other persons by proposing their names. The information relevant to the service (Within the year 2017) should be submitted along with the application.
Sector B: Industries and Business
Fields: 1 to 13
1. Solid Waste Recovery/ Recycling / Disposal or Processing Plants
2. Chemical Industries
3. Vehicle Servicing Centers
4. Food & Beverages Industries
6. Textile and Textile Processing Industries
7. Pharmaceutical Products and Personal Care Products Industries
9. Rubber Based Products Industries
10. Animal Farms
11. Apparel Industries
12. Tea Factories
13. Sustainable Energy Generation Projects
• Winners of Gold Awards from the National Green Awards in 2015, 2016 or 2017 and winners of Presidential Environment Awards in 2016 or 2017 are not eligible to apply.
Applications can be obtained from the head office or provincial offices or district offices of the Central Environmental Authority or it can be downloaded from the website www.cea.lk
Duly filled applications should be directed (together with relevant documents and attachments requested in the application form) to the Chairman, Selection Committee, Presidential Environment Awards – 2018, Central Environmental Authority, “ Parisara Piyasa”, 104, Denzil Kobbekaduwa Mawatha, Battaramulla on or before 16.07.2018. Application is acceptable in any of three languages (Sinhala or English or Tamil).
Sector and field selected for applying, should be written clearly on the upper left hand corner of the envelope.
Decision of the Board of Judges will be the final and selected candidates will be informed to receive awards at the Presidential Environment Awards ceremony 2018 to be held at the Bandaranayaike Memorial International Conference Hall under the patronage of the President of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka.
Please contact 011-2872419 or 011-2872278 for further information.
Central Environmental Authority
|Request for Proposals to carry out a study on Current status of the Iron/Ferrous scrap Industry in Sri Lanka|
|Registration of Community Organizations on Environment|
|Questionnaire for Registration of Polythene Importers and Manufacturers|
|ISEA Report for Nothern Province|
|EIA Reports for Public Comments|
|Industrial Directory 2014|